- 16 large cooked prawns, peeled with tail left on
- ½ small watermelon, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 2 shallots, sliced
- Handful of snow peas, sliced
- ¼ cup pine nuts (or unsalted cashews)
- Fried shallots (from supermarket)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Squid Brand fish sauce
- 1 tsp Lee Kum See sesame oil
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Roast pine nuts in pan until golden. Set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar. Taste for balance, then set aside.
- Place watermelon in a large bowl with fried shallots, snow peas and mint leaves.
- Shake sauce then dress salad and lightly mix.
- Scatter with pine nuts and fried onion flakes.
- Decorate with extra prawns (optional) and serve immediately.
Brands and product used
- Squid Brand - Premium Fish Sauce
- Lee Kum Kee - Sesame Oil
- Lee Kum Kee - Soy Sauce Salt Reduced