- 200g mung bean vermicelli
- 300g chicken mince
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 5 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 2-3 bird's eye chilli (sliced)
- 2 tbsp coriander (minced)
- 1 tbsp mint leaves (chopped)
- 3 shallot onions (finely sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut to wedges)
- Lettuce leaves (to garnish)
- Coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Soak bean vermicelli in warm water for about 5 mins or until softened. Drain and roughly chop.
- Cook the chicken mince in a pan. Add a dash of fish sauce and stir fry until the chicken is cooked. Add bean vermicelli and stir to mix well. Remove from heat.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, tomato wedges and sugar to the chicken mixture and stir well. Add the mint, garlic, lemongrass, chilli and minced coriander; stir well.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce and then spoon the chicken mixture over the leaves. Garnish with shallot and coriander leaves.
Product used in recipe
- Squid Brand - Fish Sauce