- 250g pork fillet (diced small)
- 6 cups dashi stock
- 2 cups leftover steamed rice
- ½ cup finely diced white onion
- ½ cup finely diced carrot
- ½ cup finely diced red cabbage
- 1 whole spring onion (finely sliced)
- 4 shitake mushrooms (stems removed & finely sliced)
- 1 ½ tbsp seasoning mirin
- 1 ½ tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten with fork)
- Garnish – sliced spring onion
- In an earthenware pot, bring dashi to boil.
- Add pork & stir to separate.
- Add onions, carrots, cabbage & mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- Add mirin, soy and return to a rapid simmer for about a minute or two while stirring occasionally.
- Mix in rice & simmer for another minute.
- Lastly, stir in spring onions and swirl in beaten egg.
- Turn off heat – garnish with some more sliced spring onion – enjoy!
Product used in recipe
- Obento - Mirin Seasoning
- Obento - Japanese Soy Sauce